Towson Communities Alliance has collected open space fees from several Towson development projects. These fees will be disbursed to Towson-area groups over the next several years.
- These funds will be granted only to projects not already budgeted by Baltimore county.
- Any size grant will be considered but no single project or organization may apply for more than $5,000. (Note: A maximum of $10,000 is available in 2019). Funds will be distributed in December 2019.
- Grant funds must be matched by the applicant/organization with a minimum of 30% of the total project cost (not including value of volunteer labor or donations).
- The projects must be of general public use and improve park, green and open spaces by adding or improving amenities that promote outdoor recreation; that improve the “greening” of Towson and quality of life for residents, and increase the sense of community. (Some suggested and prohibited uses are shown on page 4).
- Community associations applying for these funds must have been members of TCA (formerly GTCCA) for at least 2 of the last 4 years.
- All applications must be accompanied by an application fee of $10 for administration costs.
- Unfunded grant requests may be submitted again in the next calendar year. Funded grants must wait at least one year before reapplying.